Why Do I Get Sleepy After Eating Bread. Thank you very much for your reply. [1] because of this, you’ll often feel drowsy after.

Why Do I Feel Tired After Eating? POPSUGAR Fitness
Why Do I Feel Tired After Eating? POPSUGAR Fitness from www.popsugar.com

In addition, drinking alcohol may cause drowsiness. It does this because it enhances the effects of adenosine. You mentioned a “double serving” of oats.

It Does This Because It Enhances The Effects Of Adenosine.


Swelling of the face, lips, and/or throat. You know that feeling you get between 2 p.m. Thank you very much for your reply.

If You Feel Tired After Eating Bread Specifically, Chances Are You're Responding To Changes In Blood Sugar Or Brain Chemistry Caused By Higher Levels Of Insulin.


You are correct in stating that you do not have gluten intolerance of any kind. I feel extremely drowsy like i'm drugged or something after eating certain foods. It takes a lot of energy to digest the foods you eat.

My Blood Sugar Is Normal Before Eating And After, And I've Been Tested For Diabetes Multiple Times As Well As For Celiac And Vitamin And Mineral Deficiencies, All Negative.


Carbohydrate containing foods such as bread, pasta, rice and potatoes boost the production of a neurotransmitter known as serotonin, which can boost our mood but also make us feel content and possibly sleepy,. This can be a natural result of digestion patterns and sleep cycles. In addition, drinking alcohol may cause drowsiness.

I Know Wheat Gluten And Sugar Do Make It A Lot Worst Never Eat Wheat Or Gluten If I Can Help It.


Making you even more likely to become tired after eating white bread is the quick release of insulin triggered by refined grains, which also prompts the amino acid tryptophan to stay in your blood and enter your brain, according to cleveland clinic. Gluten intolerance may be one such influence on why you might be feeling tired after eating bread. This is the component that makes you exhausted and fatigued after eating large amounts of carbs such as bread.

I Do Test My Blood But Only Two Hours After Eating But Next Time I Will Test It When I Feel Sleepy And When I Wake Up Good Idea.


Accredited practising dietitian jemma o'hanlon agrees, saying the amount of carbohydrates we eat at lunch can affect how sleepy we feel afterward. This includes oatmeal, white bread and candy, and i think to a lesser extent most food. Unless you have an allergy or metabolic disorder your body will produce a lot of insulin which will metabolize the sugar very fast, then depleting your blood stream of sugar making you then feel sleepy

Related Posts